4 Best IELTS Preparation Courses Online [ 2020 Updated]
Established in 1989, IELTS has come to be known as the defacto English language proficiency test for non-native English language. Every year around 3 million people take IELTS for higher education, work or permanent residentship programs. Therefore it is no wonder that learners are always searching for the best IELTS preparation course online.
There are 2 kinds of IELTS tracks -
- General Training IELTS
- Academic IELTS
These differ on the purpose they serve and the format. Academic IELTS is generally used to get admission into higher education institute whereas General Training IELTS is commonly used in employment and permanent residentship.
At TrumpLearning, 50+ experts have put together a list of the best IELTS preparation courses. This set will help learners score the highest band in IELTS with not much difficulty.
4 Best IELTS Preparation Courses Online
- Complete IELTS Prep Course on Udemy
- Online IELTS Preparation Course by Magoosh
- IELTS Academic Test Preparation by The University of Queensland
- FREE IELTS Online Course by British Council
With more than 29,000 learners already taken up this IELTS prep course, it is one of the highest publicly rated course on the internet.
Created by IELTS specialist Keino Campbell
, who was awarded by Udemy in 2018 for being the top educator in exam preparation category, this IELTS prep course is suitable for both Academic and General Training IELTS. The course claims to lift the band scores from 6 to 7.5 and is labelled as strategy and tactics course i.e. they will also provide strategic inputs as well as help with ground level tactics for each section.
Key USPs -
- 55 Hours of On-Demand Video
- 2 Full length practice tests
- 48 downloadable resources
- Lifetime Access to material
- Access on mobile and TV
- Caters to Academic and General Training IELTS
When it comes to preparation for IELTS, there is no more comprehensive course than Magoosh. It offers more than 125+ lessons which help learners clear concepts, 650+ questions that will help in practice and email support to eradicate any doubt that learners might still have. And the best part is that it all comes with a 7 day money back guarantee in case learners don’t like the course.
Besides their blog is also a great resource for IELTS tips and hacks. And they do update it quite frequently.
Key USPs -
- Accessible on any device - Mobile, tablet and laptop
- Available across platforms like iOS, Windows or Android
- In-depth video lessons 125+ to clear concepts
- 650+ practice questions
- Email support to clear any doubts
- 7 day money back guarantee
- Available for both Academic IELTS and General Training IELTS
- Far more affordable than most of the competitors
Coming from a university, it should not come as a surprise that this course is only for Academic IELTS preparation. Led by University of Queensland’s English speaking professionals, the course has 80+ hours of interactive practice material and is very in-depth covering each section of the test.
Divided into 4 modules, each module contains multimedia presentations reviewing strategies and techniques to score higher band. There are also lots of practical IELTS styled exercises to familiarize the learners.
Key USPs -
- Only for Academic IELTS preparation
- 80+ hours of interactive practice material
- Neatly divided into 4 modules mapped with respective sections of IELTS
- FREE to join
In this world, anything comes rarely free and this offering by British Council is one of them; probably because they are the creators of the exam and want it to spread. Nonetheless this free IELTS online course will help learners become familiar with different sections of the test, how they are assessed and how to ace them.
As would be clear by now, they don’t train you to score good; they just apprise you about the test. Led by Alister Widdowson
, who has more than 20 years of teaching experience, FREE IELTS online course by British Council is good to take.
Key USPs -
- It is FREE
- The course is put up by British Council, the creator of IELTS so must attend to understand the intricacies of the test
- Duration of 6 Weeks with only 2 Hours per week thereby making the total effort time of 12 hours
If you were on the lookout for an ideal platform for IELTS preparation course,
you can consider these courses picked out by us. These IELTS preparation courses online
have earned the best reputation among experts for their course module and method of delivery.
IELTS Preparation Courses Online
Reviewed by 50 IELTS Experts