5 Best Aromatherapy Courses & Classes Online [Updated September 2021]
“Nature itself is the best physician”, said Hippocrates. The more we are advancing in science, the more we are turning towards nature. One such way of reaching out to Mother Nature for help is through Aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy is the therapeutic art of healing using essential oils and aromatic plant compounds that not only help treat ailments but also heal the mind, body, and soul. These essential oils and compounds are extracted from the flowers, leaves, stems, bark, seeds, and roots of various plants.
While aromatherapy has recently gained popularity, its history dates back to ancient cultures such as Indian, Chinese, Egyptian, Greek, and Romans, who used the essential oils as medicines, cosmetics, and perfumes. Unlike contemporary medicine that targets only the disease and aims at curing the symptoms, holistic healings such as aromatherapy aim at overall wellness. Today aromatherapy is being used widely as a supplementary or independent healing practice. In fact, more and more medical practitioners are taking up aromatherapy courses and looking for alternative therapies to help their patients in improving their quality of life.
Keeping abreast with the latest fad of using organic and natural wellness, students, homemakers as well as professionals from varied fields are turning towards aromatherapy and searching for aromatherapy certification courses. Aromatherapy is also being integrated with other fields of work such as massage therapy, spas, chiropractic, herbal medicine, yoga, reiki, flower essence therapy, and many more. Hence, people working in these professions are also adding to their skills by taking up aromatherapy certification courses online.
Since you too have landed on our page while searching for the best aromatherapy courses online, you can successfully end your quest for aromatherapy courses here. TrumpLearning along with 11 aromatherapy practitioners have shortlisted 5 best aromatherapy courses to help you undertake the aromatherapy classes online in the comfort of your homes and at your preferred timings.
Read on to understand what each of these aromatherapy courses entails before you finalize the best online aromatherapy certification that suits you the most.
5 Best Aromatherapy Courses & Classes Online:
- Aromatherapy- Using Essential Oils For Natural Living (5 CE) [Udemy]
- Aromatherapy: Clinical Use of Essential Oils By University of Minnesota [Coursera]
- Accredited Aromatherapy Diploma 1 - Aromatherapy for All [Udemy]
- Accredited Aromatherapy Course - 2 -For Health and Wellbeing [Udemy]
- Free Online Introduction to Aromatherapy Course [Aromatic Studies]
To help you begin your journey of learning holistic healing, the first in our list of aromatherapy courses is this Udemy’s best online aromatherapy certification. This course is one of the most comprehensive aromatherapy certification courses that can help you unlock the power of essential oils to use them in your everyday life, be it for health, your home, or your mental wellbeing. This course is also amongst the best aromatherapy courses online that will give you an overview of how potent the essential oils are and once you realize their worth, there will be no turning back.
Under the aromatherapy classes online, you will also learn how to use different essential oils with a diffuser to suit different emotional states. Since essential oils are strong plant compounds they need to be used in the right quantity to avoid any allergic reaction. The aromatherapy classes online will handhold you through the different dilution rates that need to be taken into consideration while using these oils for healing purposes.
By enrolling for this best online aromatherapy certification you will learn how to:
- Blend by the notes – you will learn the use of aromatherapy and essential oils to create therapeutic aromatic bouquets in varied proportions that can help you stimulate, soothe, calm, and energize the mind and body.
- Treat Pains – Certain essential oils work great as analgesics and can help bring down inflammation. Under one of the best aromatherapy courses online, here you will get equipped to create your own salves and rubs that can relieve sprains, muscle, and joint aches.
- Make beauty products – you will also receive aromatherapy training to create some amazing smelling and rejuvenating body and foot scrubs, bath salts, serums, etc. Since making bath bombs is a trend these days, under this best online aromatherapy certification, you will also learn the right proportions of using these essential oils to create amazing smelling bath bombs.
- Treat mild ailments, flu, and skin conditions – certain essential oils such as tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, etc. can be used to treat skin conditions, such as psoriasis, eczema, acne, pigmentation, etc. This is one of the best online aromatherapy certification to learn how to blend the essential oils with carrier oils to treat common skin conditions, headaches, burns, insomnia, etc.
- Make chemical-free cleaners for home – Essential oils in a combination can also be used as air fresheners, laundry powder, glass and wood cleaner, etc. You will get to learn all of this by taking such aromatherapy certification courses.
This beginner’s best online aromatherapy certification consists of 123 lectures making up for six hours of online on-demand video content. Apart from the video lectures, you will also have access to 64 downloadable resources. The video lessons of this aromatherapy training have been divided into seven modules.
The instructor of this best online aromatherapy certification is Mark Perren- Jones, who is an Approved Continuing Education Provider (APCE) with the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork. He is also a successful spa owner and instructor of some of the bestselling aromatherapy courses online. All of Mark’s aromatherapy courses are accredited with the CTAA (Complementary Therapists Accredited Association). Hence, on completing this aromatherapy training you will also be eligible to join the CTAA. Since this course comes under aromatherapy certification courses, you will receive a certificate from the Isla Verde Spa Training Academy.
This is one of the best aromatherapy courses online with a rating of 4.6 and 17,791 students on board. You can purchase this course with a one-time fee that also has a 30-days money-back guarantee.
Reviews by Samantha Grindlay
This course was absolutely perfect for my needs. I found Mark personable and excited about his subject. It was easy to follow and fun to experiment with the recipes. I loved Gingey the cat popping up on the table. The course was relaxed, informative - Thanks Mark!
Sign Up Here
Deemed as on the best aromatherapy courses online the aromatherapy classes online in this course aim to teach patient-centered care and uses of aromatherapy in clinical settings. Though the research on therapeutic uses of essential oils in a clinical setting is limited, different studies do validate the benefits of essential oils for relieving anxiety, depression, improving sleep, reducing pain, and improving the quality of life of people suffering from chronic health conditions.
This course will teach you improved symptom management and evidence-based practice for using essential oils on patients. This beginner-level course has been divided into seven sections, spread over six weeks, and will take approx. 17 hours to complete. The modules covered in these aromatherapy classes online are:
- Aromatherapy and its role in health and healthcare
- Safety and quality of essential oils used in clinical settings
- Application and delivery methods
- Essential oils for managing pain and anxiety
- Essential oils for managing nausea and fatigue
- Establishing and sustaining a clinical aromatherapy program
In addition to the online video lectures, the aromatherapy classes online also contain reading and quizzes to enhance your subject knowledge. Counted amongst the best aromatherapy certification courses, the aromatherapy classes online come with flexible deadlines, hence you can complete this course at your own pace. By undertaking such aromatherapy courses you will be able to:
- Include aromatherapy in your own practice to educate patients or clients about the benefits and possible risks of using aromatherapy as an integrative therapy.
- Administer and advise them on the use of essential oils to control and treat symptoms of certain medical conditions, such as pain, nausea, and fatigue.
- Identify safety and ethical issues with essential oils and discuss their application with the right dosage.
- Discuss the logistics of establishing and sustaining a clinical aromatherapy program.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of aromatherapy on your patients.
The instructor of this aromatherapy training is Janet Tomaino, an integrative nurse consultant and associate professor at the University of Minnesota. This aromatherapy training is a part of the Integrative Health and Medicine Specialization
offered by the University of Minnesota. The other courses included in this series are Introduction to Integrative Therapies and Healing Practices, Guided Imagery, Herbal Medicine, and Mindfulness in Integrative Healthcare. This particular course has a rating of 4.8 amongst the aromatherapy courses and has 6055 enrollees. It is a subscription-based course for which you can also avail of financial aid. This course is one of the aromatherapy certification courses available on Coursera.
In addition to being one of the best aromatherapy courses online, this course is also eligible for Continuing Education Credits. The aromatherapy classes online in this course are designed to meet the Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 15 contact hours. You can also check with other regulatory boards that allow self-documenting of continuing education activities if these aromatherapy certification courses are eligible for CE credit.
Reviews by MS
Excellent course! Highly recommend for anyone wanting to learn more about essential oils and aromatherapy. It was great for beginners and experienced users too. The pace and flow were spot on.
Sign Up Here
Udemy offers some of the best aromatherapy courses online and this course justifies the claim. Every essential oil has a frequency of its own; the oil with a higher frequency can help raise the vibratory quality of the individual it is being administered on and thus help rebalance the mind, body, or soul. Essential oils work on the human body through this principle called - Entrainment. The oils with lower frequencies work on the physical elements such as cells, hormones, and bones and entities such as viruses, bacteria, and fungus. On the other hand, oils with higher frequencies influence our emotions and can, therefore, relieve stress, anxiety, etc.
This course is one such aromatherapy courses that dwell into the principle of entrainment and aim to provide the working knowledge of aromatherapy through topical use and inhalation. By undertaking such aromatherapy certification courses you will be able to successfully practice aromatherapy on your friends and family and yourself for holistic healing.
Some of the key takeaways from this best online aromatherapy certification are:
- Learn homemade recipes by diluting and mixing essential oils
- Create organic home products using essential oils
- Thorough understanding of the history of aromatherapy
- Learn four different massage techniques
- Learn eight diffusing techniques and gain access to 18 free recipes
This aromatherapy training has been divided into 13 sections that contain a total of 63 on-demand video lectures spanned over four hours. The course also gives you access to 19 articles and 24 other downloadable resources for your learning and practice. The main modules in this best online aromatherapy certification are:
- The Science of Aromatherapy
- Preparing essential oils for aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy techniques – scent technique and topical application
- Aromatherapy internal application
- Safety standards for using aromatherapy oils
- Daily uses of aromatherapy
- Top four aromatherapy oils – their uses and impact
- Essential oils according to zodiac signs
The instructor of these aromatherapy classes is Tania Magdalene, a spiritual teacher, herbalist, aromatherapist, crystal healer, angel healer, and creator of best aromatherapy courses online. This beginner’s course can be enrolled by anyone keen on learning the use of essential oils. While there are no pre-requisites for taking the aromatherapy classes online, you might, however, want to purchase the four main essential oils that will be used in this course for practice. This is another of the aromatherapy certification courses that you can avail by paying a one-time fee that will give full life-time access to the course content. This aromatherapy training course has a rating of 4.4 and currently has 11,920 students on board.
Reviews by Deborah Kehoe
The presentation was easy to follow, the information valuable, and I enjoyed working at my own pace. I found the science of essential oils in regards to frequencies fascinating. Thank you for offering this. I will be taking the next one.
Sign Up Here
This is another gem amongst the best aromatherapy courses online created by Tania Magdalene, the instructor of the previous and several other successful aromatherapy certification courses. While the previous aromatherapy classes online laid the foundation of the myriad uses of essential oils, this course will take your skills up a notch to help you become a professional aromatherapy advisor. This best online aromatherapy certification will give you a recap of the safety and mixing guidelines one needs to adhere to that have been covered in detail in the first part of the course.
While there are no pre-requisites for taking aromatherapy courses, however, to make the most of this best online aromatherapy certification course, it is advisable to have completed the first course mentioned as the third course in our list. This aromatherapy training elaborates on the use of essential oils for health and wellness by understanding the human anatomy and the basic chemistry of essential oils. Under these two aromatherapy courses, you will also learn the use of recommended essential oils to treat common ailments. The aromatherapy classes online in this course also include the use of essential oils on children. The course will also briefly touch upon the use of essential oils by the ancient Egyptians and fun ways of making essential oils a part of your lifestyle.
The aromatherapy classes online in this course have been divided into 14 sections that contain 70 lectures making up for 3 hours 48 minutes of video lectures. The extensive knowledge covered in the modules of this best online aromatherapy certification has been categorized as follows:
- Understanding the human body for aromatherapy
- Botany – plant parts that work for specific parts of the body
- The chemistry of essential oils
- Information on essential oil dilution and use of different carrier oils, portion control, and the right ways to store essential oils
- A – Z of ailments, recommended oils, and methods of application
- A – Z of children’s common ailments and aromatherapy relief
- A – Z of essential oils and their health and wellbeing uses
- Introduction to CBD oil and the method of extraction
- Worst and best essential oils for pets
- Aromatherapy in History – The Amazing Ancient Egyptians
In addition to the video lectures covering the above topics, this course also contains 21 articles and 7 downloadable resources, making it one of the best aromatherapy courses. You can avail of any of the aromatherapy courses created by Tania Magdalene by paying a one-time fee. Both of her aromatherapy certification courses are covered by a 30-days money-back guarantee. This course has been tagged as highest rated amongst the best aromatherapy courses online on Udemy. It has a rating of 4.5 and 4289 students have already enrolled for this course.
Reviews by Deborah Kehoe
Once again I found the information presented in an easy to understand way as it was chunked with good explanations. The material was valuable and I feel I learned a lot. Thank you so very much!
Sign Up Here
‘The best things in life are free’ so are free aromatherapy courses. If you wish to learn aromatherapy for free, this is the one to go for in our list of best aromatherapy courses online. Essential oils have been in use for a long time and their benefits make them really potent and a bit magical, since their simplicity seems too good to be true. This free online aromatherapy course is offered by the School of Aromatic Studies which is an approved school by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy. This aromatherapy training will help you create a strong foundation in aromatherapy and understand the power of essential oils to comfort, rejuvenate, and transform yourself. If you wish to pursue aromatherapy as a career in the future, this aromatherapy training will act as a precursor to the aromatherapy certification courses offered by this platform.
This course will help you in cultivating a strong relationship with therapeutic essential oils to use them for your health and wellness. Some of the other topics covered in this course are:
- Why plants produce essential oils
- How are essential oils extracted from the plants
- Ways of safely using essential oils
- A brief introduction to the therapeutic properties of 20+ essential oils
- Latin binomials of essential oil plants and their correct pronunciation
- Making simple body care products (recipes for a personal inhaler, an aromatic spritzer, salt scrub, hand cleanser, and bath salts)
The aromatherapy classes cover the above topics in 14+ video classes divided under seven modules. These modules are:
Module 1: Introduction - Discovering aromatherapy
Module 2: Exploring essential oils and hydrosols
Module 3: Base oils – the basics of vegetable and herbal oils
Module 4: Safety and essential oils
Module 5: Methods of use
Module 6: Blending and creating
The seventh module contains additional resources that you can use as a reference while creating your aromatic recipes. This is one of the best aromatherapy courses online that you can enroll for free. You will be given lifetime free access to the course content and material. You can also interact with other students on an online forum to share recipes and learn from each other’s experiences. This course, however, does not fall under aromatherapy certification courses.
Sign Up Here
With the above aromatherapy courses, we conclude our list of best aromatherapy courses online. As there is a growing consciousness towards holistic healing and wellness it makes way to some really fulfilling careers in aromatherapy as a supplementing or independent practice.
Apart from becoming an aromatherapist, by undertaking aromatherapy certification courses online, you can work as an aroma therapeutic counselor, an essential oil manufacturer or retailer, spa practitioner, therapeutic product line developer, and aromatherapy tutor. We hope that our list of aromatherapy courses will give you a good head start. Enroll for the best aromatherapy courses online today to begin your journey in holistic healing.
Best Aromatherapy Courses Online with Aromatherapy Training
Reviewed by 11 Aromatherapy Practitioner